Monday, May 18, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Blue (sort of)

I Luuuurve this recipe! It's easy and it tastes amazing!!

You will need:

3-4 decent size chicken breasts
Your most favorite cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
Deli thin sliced ham
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom (or chicken) soup
2 chicken Bouillon cubes




Start by pouring 1 can of soup into the Crock Pot and make sure the bottom is coated. I said you could use either soup, I personally do not care for Cream of Chicken soup, but it would be easier, as you would not need to add the bouillon cubes...but if you're weird like me or just happen to have cream of mushroom and not chicken then just add the bouillon and you'll be fine.








Next, lay out your breasts (ha ha) and give them a good pounding (double haha) until they are uniformly flat. I like to put them between plastic wrap or something to try and contain the amounts of salmonella flying around my kitchen, but that's just me...








Then cut each breast in half into a serving size portion (and please try to do a be
tter job than I did)





Layer each piece with enough ham to cover it. And then add whatever cheese you want right to the middle of the piece. Obviously you could use Bleu cheese and make this a little more true to the title, but we are not huge fans over here, so I usually just use cheddar because I almost always have that on hand.





After the cheese is added roll up the best you can to try and keep the cheese inside while cooking, but inevitably some will run out as it's meltuing into oohy goodness!






Place each piece folded sides down in the crock pot and cover with another can of soup (and possibly bouillon cube) then add a little salt and pepper to the top.




Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for four.



When it's done it will have your whole house smelling good and your neighbors will be knocking on your door to see what's cooking in there!




Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment